Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall Produce

So as you all know Shaun and I sometimes go overboard with certain things. This year we went overboard on canning/bottling. We started with the pear sauce. It took me all day to peal, core, cook, mash, bottle, and seal 7 pint size bottles. But it is so sweet! Cecilia is going to love it. Next came the grape juice. We first did 11 from our neighbors vines, then got another 46 quart size bottles from a neighbor of my parents. I know, overboard. But as my mom says, if we don't drink it this year, it will keep to next and then we won't have to do any then. Let me also insert that Shaun loves homemade grape juice and all of its healthiness. He drank a ton in the last year. Plus Cecilia will drink some this year too. But because it stains like nothing else, it may be a sippy cup only drink :)


We also did a bunch of applesauce this year. About 15 pint size jars. See what I mean about being busy and not posting? I have already given a little bit of applesauce to Cecilia in her cereal, she won't eat it any other way. So it was well worth the many hours spent doing all of this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment