Thursday, April 1, 2010

Women's Weekend

Well last weekend we had an unofficial women's weekend. Every year my mother, sisters, and sister in law, and I get together for a weekend away. No kids (except nursing babies) and no husbands. This has dated back to my time at Ricks (it was Ricks when I went there so I won't call it BYU-Idaho even though that totally dates me). They had a women's weekend when mothers are invited to come and check out the school. It is really an excuse for them to come stock the depleting pantries of their college kids and to check up on their behavior. Anyway one year I invited my sisters to come too (no sister in law in the picture yet), two of my sisters went to school there so they were excited to reminisce. They all enjoyed getting away so much that we just had to make it a tradition. Anyway the reason it was an unofficial one this year is because my sister in law just had a baby and couldn't make it, plus I have this baby in tow with her own schedule which made me unavailable, a lot. My sister really just wanted to come for a visit and she hadn't met Cecilia yet but it worked out my other two sisters could come too. I had a great time, although I have to admit I will enjoy it much more next year when Shaun can take Cecilia for real. There is a reason why we say "no kids."

On Friday I took Cecilia up to my parents house and we (well they) made aprons. Everyone loved to play with her, clap when she rolled over, laugh at her funny faces and screams, you get the picture. And she ate it up! So much so that after the weekend was over she wouldn't let me out of her sight and only wanted to play if I would play with her. That girl just loves attention, attention, and attention! That is why she is so happy at church. Anyway it was so nice to see my sisters and I did get to do some shopping on Saturday. I even bought more for me than for Cecilia, which never happens. And like I said, I can't wait for next year, free at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment