Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools

Well mother nature played an April Fools joke on SLC today. We thought it was spring? APRIL FOOLS! It is still winter. Hence the 6 inches of snow on the ground. Today also marks ONE MONTH since Cecilia got her cast off (four and a half weeks to be precise). It is shocking, unbelievable, and just plain astonishing to me that it has been that long. I told myself to relax and enjoy it and I guess I did a little too much because the time has just flown by. To comprehend that she has been out of the cast 1/3 of the total time she was in it is impossible to me. Everyone kept telling me that soon it will seem like a distant memory, I didn't believe them, but I'm beginning to now.

So what accomplishments have we made this month? Well first Cecilia is sleeping in the crib for nights and naps. I never thought I would see the day. Once she stopped protesting it for nights it wasn't that difficult for naps, which really surprised me. But for which I am very grateful! Naps are the same as in the cast, only one nap which is usually in the morning, but at least she is taking one. She rolled over for the first time (again) last week. If it weren't for the frog legs she would have done it sooner. But after three months of being spread out, she is doing pretty good. I missed the "first" one so here is a video of Daddy and Cecilia showing me their "trick".



Cecilia is scooting around on the ground well. As mentioned, her legs have some to come yet in strength, but she scoots backwards using her arms and goes in circles on the hard wood. She also really enjoys bouncing in a jumper we borrowed from our neighbors. This has helped her leg strength immensely.

But mostly we have all just enjoyed "normal" life again. Being able to take her to the store and carry her, or put her in the cart (I was pretty excited the first time I did it). Cecilia is so happy to kick her legs and get on the floor and play. You know, normal life with a baby. It's been nice to have that challenge over with, and I hope we never have to do it again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment