Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cecilia Update

I haven't written about Cecilia for a while and it is time for an update. First I should mention that she has been walking since we caught the video of her about a month ago. She seems a little happier now because she just walks all over the house. Back and forth, back and forth. She loves a little interaction as she walks by you and it keeps her going for longer than any toy has. It has been great! I will have to get a video to show you. She still loves to see what you are doing and still wants lots of attention. But I can do something for about 10 minutes now while she runs around. She still prefers a hand on uneven surfaces like grass and when strangers are around. But it has been so great for her to walk on her own.

She is signing like crazy right now. It has been so fun to teach her and has helped with communication. We recently went to the park and she was able to tell me "all done" when she was finished with the swings and playing in the wood chips. It was great! No waiting until she is fussy to figure out she is done. She just signed it and we stopped and moved on. The signs she knows are, "more", "all done", "baby", "cracker", "milk", "juice", "dog" (her favorite), "bird", "fish" (which was fun at the aquarium we went to the other day), "apple", "grapes", "blueberries" (her favorite food), "thank you", "cereal", "fan", and I'm sure there are more but that is about all I can think of. We recently got her more signing videos because she loved the one we had so much. From those she has learned "shoes", "hurt", and "hat." Not that we let her watch much TV, but there are times when you just need to get something done. I can't wait until she can really talk though and tell me all that is on her mind. She jabbers so much, I just know she wants to tell me more than she can sign. She does say a few words too "dada" is her favorite, "mama" is no longer her favorite person so I have to push her to say it, she says "cheese" (really well I might add), "shoes","book", "ball", "bubbles", "balloon", and "stuck" which is really cute. I'm sure there are others but I've reached my thinking capacity and can't remember. The point is, she signs and talks and is picking it all up really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment