Friday, September 24, 2010

You'll never guess what C did today

She went poopy on the potty! Yes she is only 17.5 months old, but she is pretty much amazing. She has been telling us that she had to go poopy before she did it for about two weeks now. Actually the first time was in the doctors office and Shaun and I looked at each other like, "uh what do we do?!" After about the 4th time I decided I would go buy a potty for her and see what happened. I honestly didn't think she would go on it but I figured we needed one someday anyway. So we got one earlier this week and this morning she comes to me and says "poopy" and grabs her diaper. I asked her if she wanted to go on the potty and she nodded yes (which reminds me I need to get a video of this because it is the cutest thing ever). So I took her in there and sat her down. I figured we'll see what happens. She sat there for a while and so I got a book for her to read. I think this is why people like to read on the toilet. Their moms give them books to look at when they are young to keep them on the toilet until they go. Anyway a little while later I looked and Voila! I looked at Shaun and he looked at me and we said WOW! Then the praise began and of course a treat to the little genius. She got 4 M&M's. Which if you know me and sweets that is a real treat! Who knows what will happen next time, but for now I count this as one less poopy diaper I had to change.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Cecelia!! You know she's going to be very upset with you one day for posting that photo of her!!! :)

    ReplyDelete