Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wooden Anniversary

Yesterday Shaun and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. How did we celebrate? You are all probably thinking that we went to some great place on vacation. But no, we celebrated with a screaming 9 month old child in a body cast. A far cry from 250 of your closest friends and family bringing you presents and wishing you well. It is amazing how your life can change in 5 years. In all honesty, she didn't cry long and I was able to feed her and put her down in 15 minutes. But the difference remains.

Anyway I've spent some time reminiscing about the last 6+ years we've known each other. How grateful I am for my wonderful husband! He is so good with Cecilia and makes an effort to be home as much as possible because he knows that is what I want. He cooks, cleans, does laundry, gets up with the baby in the morning so I can sleep in, gets her in the middle of the night for me, and changes lots of diapers. Husbands take note, you can do these things too, and your wives will love you all the more for it :)

We've had some great times over the years and traveled many places. Here are a few of my favorite memories from over the years in chronological order. I can't find the first picture of us taken way before we started dating. It is driving me crazy, but oh well, here are other great ones.

Havasupai falls where Shaun had to help me carry my pack up the hill and when I apologized for my weakness he said,"sometimes I carry you and sometimes you carry me." How sweet huh? That was when I knew I wanted to marry him.

New York City and the first of many pictures taken in the "Ritchie style" as our friend calls it, where Shaun holds the camera and takes a picture of us.

Toronto where Shaun surprised me and proposed. If you haven't heard the story ask us about it sometime, it is a good one.

Puerto Penasco taking engagement pictures.

Escalante backpacking with friends. This time I carried my own pack the whole way, but I'm so out of shape I probably couldn't do it now :)

Catalina on our 1st anniversary.

Spain where I hated the food so much that I begged to go to McDonalds for breakfast and ate a Big Mac. Which if you know me, says something about Spanish food.

Venice, isn't my husband so hot?!

Rome, a great place and we want to go back someday.

Skagit Valley tulip festival. I went hog wild taking pictures, this is of course one of my favorites.

Mexico City, one of our favorite repeat places to visit. Mostly because of friends, and the food.

Shaun's 30th SURPRISE birthday party. And he was surprised! I spent weeks on the preparations and had a local restaurant make his favorite Mexican dish just for him. His brother Mike (in the picture) was nice enough to fly in and help distract him for the day so I could get everything set up. It was such a fun night!

San Francisco, another favorite place to visit. We always find things to do and great places to eat. Plus it is so close to travel to, just a hop, skip, and a jump away!

Portland where we had a blast picking all the berries we could. We later found a pick your own blueberry farm by Shaun's grandma's and had a great time picking blueberries. They were so big, ripe and TASTY!!! Oh if only blueberries grew here!

Millcreek where we just found out we were pregnant with Cecilia. Boy if I knew how sick I was going to be over the next couple of months...

Ok I know this is getting ridiculously long. But I just keep finding more great pictures and memories that I have to share. One more and I'm done.

I hope you enjoyed the stroll down memory lane as much as I did. Happy Anniversary Shaun!

1 comment:

  1. We will be celebrating 5 years in April. It is crazy looking back at all that has happened for us as well. I'm sure we will also be celebrating with a screaming baby, although I really hope not in a cast. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete