Monday, March 22, 2010

Temple Square

We had a great time being tourists in our own town yesterday. I think there is a term for that, Shaun? We went to Temple Square before church yesterday. I had the inspiration as I was praying for help to enjoy my new calling as primary teacher more. I can't resist going on a tangent here. In college I admired the Elementary education majors because anyone who could spend all day 5 days a week with 30 young children and try to teach them something while keeping them under control was someone to admire in a "you're crazy" kind of way. It was the last major I would have picked willingly. Physics, Math, yeah hard, but doable even English would have come in before EE and I hate English (as you can tell from my spelling and grammar on the blog). Well the more I think about it English would probably have to tie, and teaching English in Elementary! Oh the Scientist in me cringes at the thought. I would have dropped out of college after the first semester and taken a permanent job at Village Inn (my least favorite summer job). So it was a real test of my faith when I was called to teach the 4-5 year olds in primary. Let's just say I have a hard time getting anything spiritual out of just trying to keep them in their seats, let alone getting them to listen to the lesson. But it is only the third week and I'm sure as I get used to it I'll be able to glean good things from it. I have to admit they did get something out of my lesson on prayer two weeks ago because I just had to begin to tell them to fold their arms, close their eyes, and bow their heads for the prayer this week before they did it. OK moving on...
Temple Square was so beautiful. It was just what I needed to relax before church. The weather was just gorgeous and the flowers are just starting to bloom. It was so relaxing and Cecilia really enjoyed it. She was especially enthralled with the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It is so ornate and has a big statue of Joseph Smith that she couldn't get enough of. Here are some pics of our "trip."





She really does look like him, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment